I went to visit Helen a couple of months ago and we rather rashly set ourselves a challenge.
Our challenge was to start on New Years Day and be finished by Woolfest 2010. That gives us six months!
No problem, I thought.
Well first I had to finish my baby camel hair.
Which I did then I plied it with navy blue merino. I did 2 plys of baby camel and 1 of merino. I bought the baby camel at Fibrefest from Mandacraft.
I finally finished that yesterday and hung it to dry (sorry the first photo is slightly out of focus, I didn’t realise the camera was focused on something other than the yarn tut). I ended up with approximately 780 yards and I think I might make another clapotis with it.
I started the humbug today. Unfortunately, it doesn’t want to spin up anywhere near bulky weight! But it is beautiful.
I bought this humbug from Sara while at Fibrefest and it’s gorgeous. When I’ve finished this, I shall ply it with some 70/30 alpaca/merino which I also got at Fibrefest from the people at Coldharbour Mill. I chose the alpaca because it was soooooo soft and similar in colour to the humbug!